ENERGY ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Under the eligibility requirements, customers at or below 60 percent of the stateís median income may qualify for WHEAP assistance, including:
Customers who did not qualify for assistance a few years ago may now be eligible. To determine eligibility, applicants must provide the following to their local social services or energy services office:
- A single person earning up to $24,319 per year;
- A family of four with an income of up to $46,768.
WHEAP applications are being accepted through May 15, 2012; however, customers are encouraged to apply as early as possible. To begin the energy assistance application process, customers may call 866-432-8947 (toll free) or visit www.homeenergyplus.wi.gov for more information.
- Proof of income for the past three months for all household members 18 years or older;
- Social Security cards for everyone in the household;
- Utility bills (heating and electric) for the past 12 months;
- If applicable, a rent certificate or landlordís statement verifying that heat is included in the rent.