Summer Energy Saving Tips
• Call 911 if you see a downed power line and keep away from the area.
• Avoid opening the refrigerator and freezer. A refrigerator can keep food safely cool for about two hours; a freezer will hold food safely for 24 to 48 hours.
• Close blinds and drapes to keep your home cool.
• Never use portable stoves, grills or generators indoors, including porches and garages, as they can emit dangerous carbon monoxide.
• Drink plenty of water and take a cool shower to deal with hot weather.