What should I do if the lights go out?
Before reporting an outage, please check for blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers. Check to see if your neighbors are out as well. That will help us determine the extent of the problem.
- Report outages immediately by calling Waupun Utilities, at 324-7920. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
- Unplug sensitive electronic equipment such as TVs and computers.
- Unplug refrigerators, freezers and other major appliances. Reducing the load when power is restored may prevent additional outage time.
- Leave a light on so you will know when the power is restored and you can plug your refrigerator and freezer chest in again.
- Waupun Utilities is responsible for electrical repair to the house knob, the point where wires attach to the customer's business or residence. Any electrical work required beyond the house knob is the responsibility of the customer.